The videos are now available for our May 5 conference at UCLA. 9:00-9:15 a.m. - The Work of Art in the Age of Algorithmic Culture. Welcome by Transforming Hollywood by co-directors Denise Mann (UCLA) and Henry Jenkins (USC).
9:15-10:20 a.m. - Keynote Presentation,” by Ted Striphas, “Algorithmic Culture.”
10:30-12:00 p.m. - Panel One: Playing with Snackable Content in Virtual Marketplaces, moderated by Denise Mann, Professor, School of Theater, Film, Television, UCLA.
- Larry Fitzgibbon, CEO and Co-Founder, Tastemade
- Thomas Jorion, Head of Strategy and Innovation, Havas 18
- Rob Kramer, CEO and Founder, PurposeLab
- Kym Nelson, Senior VP of Sales, Twitch
- Ted Striphas, Professor, Colorado University
12:15-1:45 p.m. - Panel Two: Fake News and Struggles Over Circulation, Moderated by Henry Jenkins, Provost Professor, Annenberg Communication and School of Cinematic Arts, USC.
- Mark Andrejevic, Professor of Media Studies, Pomona College
- Brooke Borel, journalist and Author of The Chicago Guide to Fact-Checking
- Hannah Cranston, host and executive producer of ThinkTank and guest host ofThe Young Turks.
- Jon Passantino, deputy news director for BuzzFeed News, Los Angeles.
- Ramesh Srinivasan, Associate Professor, Department of Information Studies and Design/Media Arts, UCLA.
- Laura Sydell, Correspondent, Arts Desk, NPR.
2:45-4:15 p.m. - Panel Three: Music Streaming & The Splinternets: The New, Competing Cultural Curators, moderated by Gigi Johnson, Founding Director, The UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music.
- Matthew Adell, CEO and Founder, MetaPop
- Shanna Jade, Director of Community, Stem
- Alex White, Head of Next Big Sound at Pandora
4:30-6:00 p.m. - Panel Four: Creating Binge-worthy “Streaming Web TV,”Moderated by Neil Landau, author of TV Outside the Box and The Showrunner’s Roadmap.
- Jessie Kahnweiler, creator, The Skinny (Hulu)
- Zander Lehmann, creator, Casual (Hulu)
- Dawn Prestwich, co-executive producer, Z: The Beginning of Everything(Amazon)
- Nicole Yorkin, co-executive producer, Z: The Beginning of Everything(Amazon)